Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Traveling the Road to Recovery

If you've noticed,the blog has been silent for a few days. I finally bit the bullet and had surgery last Thursday for partial knee replacement. This had been a long time coming and I finally had to get to the place where my everyday pain far outweighed the pain of recovery. For anyone who is considering doing this, I have to say that it hasn't been as bad as my imagination believed it to be. This is day four and I'm on my way to my first day of therapy. I'm off all pain medication and I'm walking without crutches. Other than being a bit stiff in the knee which is mostly due to incision, I feel about 80%. I'm off work for the rest of the school year. I'm looking forward to cooking, getting back into ceramics and painting and enjoying spending time with my family. I'm hoping to be well enough to make the car ride up to Oregon in June to get bring Noel home for the summer. My last goal for the summer is to be able to walk again for exercise and wear all of those lovely shoes that are taking up space in my closet. I'm hoping to have a few recipes to post for you this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly