Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Frozen Yogurt

I love frozen yogurt when I don't make it. Just mixing fruit and yogurt together in an ice-cream machine just didn't do it for me. This one is delicious you won't believe it actually has yogurt in it. I think Greek yogurt and the fat-free sweetened condensed milk are the keys to this creamy frozen yogurt. I made mine with berries but you could use any ripe fruit you have on hand.
Makes 2 pints

4 cups fruit
1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
3 cups greek yogurt(I used 1 cup of full fat vanilla honey yogurt and 2 cups fat-free vanilla)

One day before serving, place the fruit and the condensed milk into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the puree into a large bowl and whisk in the yogurt. Cover and allow the mixture to chill in the frig for at least a day. Pour the mixture into an ice-cream machine and churn until frozen. Scoop the frozen yogurt into a plastic container with a lid and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. do not have a ice cream maker now what do I do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I have never made frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker. There are several good ones that cost a minimal amount at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Amazon.

      Delete

Printfriendly