Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Breakfast Foccia

I enjoy cooking with fresh fruit during the summer and berries are my favorite. This is a foccia bread covered with a variety of berries but you could use whatever you had on hand. Peaches, plums, cherries and even apples in the fall would all work well. To kick it up a notch, spread a layer of marscapone cheese (or cream cheese) mixed with some powdered sugar onto the dough before topping with the fruit. I think it would give it a cheese danish effect. I have not tried that yet but added the items to the ingredients list in case you'd like to beat me to it. I think this would be perfect for a last minute brunch or Sunday breakfast offering accompanied with some scrambled eggs and bacon. It literally took me 10 minutes to prep before I placed it in the oven and I know my family will love this.
Serves 8

1 ball of store bought pizza dough(I found mine in the deli section)
1 1/2 cups of fresh fruit(berries, peaches, plums, cheeries)
1 cup of mascarpone or cream cheese softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar plus more for garnish
2 tbsp melted butter
granulated sugar for sprinkling over the fruit

Preheat the oven to 375. Roll out the dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Brush the melted butter over the dough. If adding the mascarpone cheese, mix it with the 1/4 cup powdered sugar and spread onto the dough. Place the fruit on top and sprinkle it with granulated sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, dust the top with powdered sugar, cut and serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly