Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cranberry Brie Bites


These are so yummy. If you are planning on taking a dish to friend's meal, this is the one to take. They are super easy to make, are good both warm or room temp, and everyone loves them. The first time I made these, I placed them out on a platter and left them on the counter to put out when all the guests had arrived. My folks arrived first and after greeting them, my mom and I got busy working in the kitchen. This was a big mistake because I left the plate unguarded. My dad and son found these snacks and quickly dug in. I soon realized my mistake when my dad brought me the plate and asked for more of "those cookies". Thank goodness I had plenty of the ingredients on hand. Now I don't put these out until everyone has arrived and I have learned to double the batch.

Makes about 24

1 package of puff pastry dough, thawed(The box usually contains 2 packages)
1 container of cranberry sauce(Trader Joe's is awesome)
1 large slice of good quality brie cheese

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Unroll the pastry and lay it out on a lightly floured board. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 12x12. Cut the dough into 1-1 1/2 inch squares. The size of dough square will depend on the size of your mini muffin cups. Place one square on the bottom of each muffin cup. Place a small piece of brie cheese onto the pastry and the spoon a small amount of cranberry sauce over the brie, about 1/2 a teaspoon. Place in the oven and bake about 15 minutes until the pastry has become puffed and golden and the cheese has melted. Remove from oven and using a butter knife or small spatuala place the brie bites onto a platter. Serve. If you want any for yourself, set a few aside for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly