Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Annual Kensington Memorial Day Parade 2013

Here it is! Hot off the press! This little neighborhood parade just seems to get bigger every year. This year's theme was Bloom and Grow in Kensington. Enjoy!

Let the parade begin

Our Neighborhood Preschool

St Didacus Parish School-My brother, my sister-in-law, my nephew and I all went to school there. I returned to teach kindergarten there a few years back.

San Diego Model A Car Club


This one was my favorite

Home Grown Cuties

The Crofts outdid themselves again with this cute float

Franklin Elementary-Our neighborhood elementary school

Little Leaguers from MidCity

Irish Dancers

Here's the son of a friend of ours-Joey Rugas-he's quite talented. Of-course he chose to stop dancing as I went to snap this photo

I get a kick out this. I had no idea you could raise chickens in this neck of the woods


Art Around Adams is next weekend. I may have to check it out this year

I was so excited to see this. These guys are a woodfired pizza company started by vetrans. They were featured on ABC's The Chew's All American Memorial Day BBQ Celebrations. They are a product of a local program for vets called the Vetran's Agricultural Training Program. The program helps vets find employment in agri or food based jobs.

Our neighborhood volunteers. They keep our community looking fabulous by picking up trash in the area. They always do a crowd pleasing dance number.


Vets from Foregin Wars

John Kaheny-the parade director. Thanks John for another great parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly