Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Monster Nutella Cookies

I haven't baked cookies for a while and I thought I'd flex my baking muscles with these huge cookies. It wasn't my intention to make them so big. They spread more than I anticipated but no one here is complaining. I didn't have hazelnut flavoring so I improvised with hazelnut liqueur and almond extract. If you don't wish to use a liqueur than use just the extract, the cookies will turn out fine.
yields 48 large cookies

1 cup(2 sticks)softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp hazelnut liqueur or flavoring or almond extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
13 oz jar of Nutella
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butte and sugars until fluffy. With the mixer running add the eggs 1 at a time. Follow with the extracts and/or liqueur, cocoa powder, baking powder and Nutella. Stop and scrap down the side of the mixing bowl. Add the flour and mix on low until just combined. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies and place them 2 inches apart on baking sheets that have been lined with parchment or a silpat. Flatten the cookies with the back of a fork. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly