Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Kitchen Reveal-It's done!

Finally, after several months... the kitchen is done. We started this process back in mid October. The contractor had the bulk of it finished back in mid February but today we hung the valances and I now consider this project to be complete.
We went with a country french feel. The cabinetry is a warm butter yellow and the island is a lovely shade of blue. We extended the island to 8 feet and it now seats four comfortably. On the other side I have the microwave and 2 refrigerated drawers. These have been a big hit with the family. The rest of the island stores cutlery and dishes.
My favorite part of the kitchen is my large walk in pantry. I have a place for everything including small appliances like the toaster and Kuerig. These were all out in plain veiw in the old kitchen and made the place feel cluttered. I have large barn doors that can be drawn across the opening when company is here.
The large Viking range is the focal point of our new kitchen and I love it. I also had an under the counter oven installed just to the right of the range for holiday baking and the thanksgiving turkey. You can just see part of it over the island.
Here in the family room, we added the built-ins to match the kitchen cabinets. I have so much storage now that I haven't filled all the cupboards up yet. But just give me time and I'll find something to put in there.
We used to have a hideous sliding glass door here. This is not our front entrance but as this door leads directly into the kitchen this door became the most used by family and visitors alike. We had the slider replaced with these beautiful french doors that a local stained glass artist made for us.
Upon entering you run into this lovely old bench. I found it at a local antique store and could not resist placing it here. I just love it! Well that's the reveal. I have to say while the process was frustrating at times and moved at the pace of a snail, I am thrilled with the results and am looking forward to getting back in the kitchen to cook. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly