Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cooked Carrots

I also cook the carrots for my corned beef independently as well. This way, I can control how firm or soft I want my carrots to be and they don't taste over cooked.

Serves 6

6 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3rds
water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon of fresh dill, diced
salt and pepper

Place the carrots into a sauce pan and add water until the carrots are just covered. Season the water with salt and pepper. Bring the carrots to a boil over medium/high heat. Cook until a knife inserted into a carrot goes in easily. This should take about 20-25 minutes. Drain off the water and return to heat. Cook until most of the water has evaporated(this will take just a few seconds. Add the butter and dill. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly