Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Corned Beef Hash

I think the best part of the corned beef dinner is the hash I make with the leftovers. Hash was my husband's request. My mom never made it when we were growing up. Over the years my recipe has refined itself to a simple dish of corned beef, potatoes, onions and peppers. I like to serve it with sunny-side up eggs.

Serves 4-6

1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 cups of chopped corned beef
2 cups potatoes, peeled,cubed, and boiled
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3 tablespoons minced parsley

In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium/high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Let the veggies cook down for about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies begin to brown. Add the corned beef, worchestershire sauce and mustard. Stir to coat. Continue to cook until the meat has developed a crust. Top finished hash with parsley. Serve with sunny-side eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly