Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crepes with Turkey, Asparagus and Cheese

I enjoy a good crepe but I do not enjoy making them. When I get a craving for crepes I pick up a package of fresh crepes at my local grocery store. Then I go to town making my fillings and sauces for them. I spend less time cooking and more time eating.


Serves 5

10 large crepes
20 slices of thin deli turkey or ham
10 slices of low fat swiss cheese
5 oz of sliced button mushrooms
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper
1 bundle of fresh apsaragus, trimmed



Preheat the oven to 400. Spray an oblong baking dish with cooking spray. Heat the oil in a medium sized sauce pot. Add the mushrooms and saute. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside. Place 1 piece of cheese, 2 slices of ham or turkey and 3-4 pieces of asparagus in the center of each crepe. Roll them up, enchilada style, and bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile melt the butter or margarine in the sauce pot. Add the flour and cook, whisking together for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk, chicken stock, salt, pepper, mustard and wine to the pot and cook until thick and bubbly. Add the mushrooms back to the pot. Remove the crepes from the oven. Reduce the heat to 350. Pour the sauce over the crepes. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly