Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lightened Up Peanut Butter Cookies

I found these on Pinterest and was intrigued. They sounded delicious and they are! I added flour to the recipe because the original picture showed the cookies all having run together during baking. I wanted to see if I could avoid this. I am happy to report that I solved that problem but I found I had to really watch them during baking. They need about 10-12 minutes but that time will depend on how hot your oven runs. Too little time resulted in a cookie that didn't appear done in the center. Too much time the bottom became overly dark. The original recipe posted the calories at 36 per cookie. With the addition of the flour, I'm estimating my cookies are about 45 calories per cookie.


Makes about 24-30

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup flour

Mix the honey and peanut butter together. Add the baking powder and mix to combine. Add the egg and flour and mix again until combined. Scoop onto a baking sheet that has been lined with a silpat or parchment. Use a teaspoon sized cookie scoop. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly