Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mango and Hearts of Palm Salad

Green salad seems to be my go to side for week night meals. How boring could I be? I needed to shake things up so I decided to try a Mexican inspired salad to go with my Chicken Enchiladas. Mangos and Avocados are in season right now so they were tossed into a bowl with hearts of palm and a lime vinaigrette. This was really good, I would have licked the bowl if I could.

Serves 4-6
1/4 fresh lime juice
4 tsp dijon mustard
2tsp olive oil
2 large mangos, peeled,cut off the pit and diced
1/4 diced red onion
2 large avocados, pitted, removed from the shell and cut into chunks
1 can hearts of palm, drained and cut into pieces
salt and pepper
lettuce leaves

Place the lime juice, mustard,oil, salt and pepper at the bottom of a large bowl. Mix well. Add the onion and let it sit in the vinaigrette for a few minutes. This will help take away the bite from the onion. Meanwhile, prep the mangos, avocado, hearts of palm and add them to the bowl. Toss gently. Spoon the salad onto a plates lined with lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly