Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jelly Filled Doughnut Muffins

These muffins remind me of a recipe that I had in my first cookbook. It was a Betty Crocker cookbook for kids. My godmother, Kaye, gave it to me for my 11th birthday(I think). My mom still has that cookbook somewhere. I think I'm going to have to dig it out and take a trip down memory lane. But do make these muffins, they are easy and delicious. Perfect with a cup of tea.
Makes about 18
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk(if the batter is too stiff add 1/4 cup more)
6 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp vanilla
jam
4 tbsp butter
sugar
Preheat the oven to 375. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined. Place liners into the muffin tins. Using a small ice-cream or cookie scoop, place some batter into each tin. Scoop about a tsp of jam into the center of each and top them off with another small scoop of batter. The each muffin cup should be 3/4's of the way filled. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow them to cool. Melt the remaining butter. Dip the top of each muffin into the melted butter and then follow by dipping them into the sugar. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly