Search This Blog

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Queso Blanco Dip

This dip is commonly found at Mexican Restaurants, or so I am told. I have only had it once at a Mexican place in Coronado. As my children will tell you, I obviously don't get out much. The dip was delicious. When I saw a recipe for it, I knew I wanted to serve it on Memorial Day. But, as is often the case, I never like just one recipe and will usually combine ingredients from 2-3 different recipes to make my own. So here is my version.
1 1/2 cups of white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup of white cheese curds or white american cheese
1/3 cup pico de gallo(diced tomoto, jalapeno, cilantro and onion)
1 brick light cream cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup tomatillo salsa
1 tbsp olive oil
tobasco sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water

In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil. Add the pico de gallo. Cook over medium/high heat for 3 minutes or until the veggies begin to soften. Add the tomatillo salsa and the milk. When it begins to simmer, add the cheeses. Lower the heat to medium and stir continually until melted. Add the salt and tobasco if desired. If the mixture appears too runny, add the cornstarch and water mixture. Allow the thicken. Serve warm with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly