Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Grilled Asparagus Salad

My new recipes usually are born from necessity. Today I had several bundles of asparagus that I needed to use. I usually toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast them off in the oven. But today I was grilling so I prepped them like usual and then grilled them. I prepped a simple dressing while they cooked and boy where they yummy. Here's how I made these little lovelies.

Serves 4
2 bundles of asparagus
2 slices of red onion
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tbsp for grilling
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp creamy dill mustard
salt and pepper

Trim the ends off of the asparagus and toss in a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill. Meanwhile, cut 2 slices off of a large red onion and cut them into quarters. In the bottom of a large bowl,whisk together the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar. Place the onion into the dressing and let it sit while the asparagus cooks. The dressing will help cut the sharpness of the onion. Remove the asparagus from the grill and immediately place in the dressing. Toss to coat and set aside for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly