Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Roasted Rack of Lamb with Balsamic Reduction


I know what your thinking...that this dish sounds way too fancy shmancy for you to even attempt. Not true! This couldn't be easier, it just looks and sounds uptight. It's just Bjorn and I for Sunday dinner tonight so I wanted to make something special. Sunday is my day to let my hair down in the kitchen. I have the time to prep for the week's meals and I can try out recipes that I don't have time to fix on a week night.

Cooks Tips- My grocery store carries a balsamic vinegar infused with figs. It's to die for. I usually use half of the fig and half of the regular. Don't buy a super expensive bottle, a cheap bottle(3-4 dollars) will work just fine.
I like my lamb medium. If you like yours rare, reduce cooking time by 5 minutes.




Serves 3

1 rack of lamb(8 chops)
1 cup of balsamic vinegar
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar(this will depend on how tart you like the reduction)
1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary leaves, minced
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Rub the lamb all over with the olive oil Sprinkle the lamb with salt,pepper and rosemary on all sides. In a small sauce pot, pour in the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, add the sugar. Place the lamb in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes. Keeping an eye on the balsamic, let it reduce to a syrup. This will take 10-15 minutes. You will have about 1/4 cup or less left. When the lamb has roasted for 15 minutes, remove from the oven. Pour the balsamic reduction over the lamb and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. The glaze will carmalize over the lamb. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the rack into chops and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly