Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Smoky Shredded Beef Tacos


I'm cooking from the pantry this week. I want to see just what I can create. My pantry has gotten pretty full and I want to thin it out. My first offering are these shredded beef tacos. I plan to serve these with my ranchero beans and a grilled pineapple salad. Condiments for the tacos will be an avocado relish and cilantro and lime sour cream.

Serves 8

1 3-4 pound beef chuck roast, trimmed well of fat and cut into chunks.
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup mild red chili sauce
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried mexican sage
5 cloves garlic minced
1 small onion diced
1-2 teaspoons chipolte chili powder or 2 chopped chipotle chili's in adobo
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Spray the insert to a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Put the meat on the bottom of the insert. Put the garlic and onion over the meat. Sprinkle on the paprika, chili powders or chili's, cumin, sage and salt. Pour the tomato and chili sauce over all. Mix well to combine and set the pot on high to cook for 6 hours. Remove meat from the cooking liquid and shred with 2 forks. Skim the fat from the liquid and use just enough to moisten the meat. Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve with toasted corn tortillas and desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly