Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Oven French Toast with Blueberries and Peaches

Thank the good Lord for the A/C. Otherwise there would be no food coming out of this kitchen. My children have reminded me that I haven't made breakfast for dinner in quite some time. I wracked my brain for a meal that would require little if no effort and this cam to mind. You can make this french toast with just about any fruit, I just happened to have some berries and peaches I needed to use up.

Serves 8



1 loaf of King's Hawaiian Bread, sliced into thick slices
1 cup fat-free half and half
2 cups 1% milk
2 cups eggs(this is about 6 larges eggs)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
2 pints blueberries
2 large peaches, cut into slices.

Two hours before baking, spray an oblong baking dish with cooking spray. Lay as many slices of bread as possible on the bottom of the baking dish. I usually cut some of the pieces to fit. Beat the eggs and add the milk. half and halt, sugar,vanilla, and nutmeg. Whisk all together. Sprinkle the berries over the top and lay the peach slices over all. Pour the custard base over the bread and fruit. Cover and let sit in the frig for at least 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 325. Bake the french toast for 1 hour or until the custard is set in the middle. Serve warm with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly