Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Too Good To Be True Chicken

I found a recipe on Pinterest for Man-Pleasing Chicken. Though the recipe appealed I felt it was missing something. I was rummaging around in the frig trying to see what I had and stumbled upon a jar of fig preserves. I thought- why not? This particular jar had a tangy sweet flavor that I thought would go well with the rest of the ingredients. I was right! The recipe turned out way better than I expected. The whole thing goes together in about 10 minutes and my motley crew gave it a thumbs up. We'll be doing this again real soon.

Cook's Notes- I took the drippings in the bottom of the pan and brought them to a boil with 2 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in a cup of chicken broth to make a sauce.
Serves 4

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup fig preserves
1/8 cup maple syrup(the real macoy)
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar(I had a fig infused one but the plain will be just fine)
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 450. Line a baking dish with foil and lay the thighs in a single layer on the bottom. Sprinkle the thighs with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, preserves, maple syrup and vinegar util smooth. Pour over the chicken and bake for 45 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly