Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Breakfast Bars

I road tested these on my semi-adult kids today. Surprisingly, I got the thumbs up. I had to fess up and tell them these were healthy. This usually gives most recipes the kiss of death but not today. They have enough goodies to keep you going but are light and moist so as not to weigh you down. You can add any combo of nuts and dried fruits you like. I'm toying with the idea of adding fresh blueberries next time.



Makes 12 bars

1 cup flour(I mix white whole wheat with all purpose)
1 cup rolled oats(not the quick cooking)
1/2 cup each of sliced almonds, currants, and dried apricots, chopped
1/3 cup apple juice
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/3 buttermilk
4 tbsp agave nectar or honey

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with baking spray.Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spoon batter into the baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly