Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tex-Mex Grilled Chicken and Chili Relleno Cassarole

I revisited some old friends for dinner tonight. When I posted these recipes back in April, I hadn't made them for awhile and of-course there were no pictures. I now have pictures of both of these will appear on the right of this post.

The addition of the citrus to the marinade makes the chicken come out moist and juicy. The flavor is wonderfully fresh. I like to marinate the chicken in the early afternoon, bake the chicken in the oven for about 30-40 minutes and then finish on the grill. For the chilies I did not have diced green chilies today so I used whole fire-roasted. I filled the center of each chili with cheese. For something different, I sauted an onion with 2 cloves of garlic and then put that over the top of the chilies before pouring the egg mixture over the top. I served this with fresh pico de gallo.

I hope you'll give these a try. I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried my recipes. Feedback is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly