Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Turkey Burgers

When I made the conscious effort to have less red meat in my life, the search was on to either find or develop a good turkey burger. This is my go to burger recipe. It's so good that we rarely miss the moo in our burgers anymore.
I made these for dinner tonight. While I was grilling these my mom came out to keep me company. We got to talking and I was so busy trying to multitask that I forgot to take a picture. I guess I'll have to do it tomorrow with the leftovers before Christopher finds them.

Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey(93% lean)
1/2 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
4 green onions cut into thirds
2 slices fresh bread
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic
3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

In a food processor, place the bread, garlic and green onions. Grind until you have crumbs. Pour into a bowl. Add the ground turkey, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined. Divide the meat mixture into 4 patties about 1 inch in thickness. Heat the grill and lightly oil the grates. Place patties on the hottest part of the grill and cook until both sides of each patty is browned about 2 minutes on each side. Move to a cooler part of the grill and continue to cook 5-10 minutes more until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly