Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baked Eggs in Tomatoes


It's only the 2nd day of 1st grade and I feel like I've been drug through the wringer. Dinner tonight is as easy as I can make it.
I like to serve these with warm bread from my store's bakery and my turkey sausages.

Serves 4

4 large tomatoes
salt and pepper
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons diced fresh chives or green onions
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray. In a small bowl beat the eggs with the salt and pepper, set aside. Cut the top off of the tomatoes and with a spoon, gently scoop out the inside of each tomato. Place the empty tomatoes into the pie plate. Evenly place the chives and the cheese in the bottom of each tomato. Pour the beaten eggs into each tomato shell, dividing the mixture evenly. Place into the oven. Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly