Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

BBQ Baked Beans

BBQ season is just around the corner. YIPPEE!!!! This recipe began as my mom's. However she mixed ketchup,mustard, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to make a basic bbq sauce. I'm not a fan of overly sweet bbq sauce so I opted to use my favorite bottled sauce instead. OK, I know you're going to ask so I'm just going to tell you. I use Stubb's Original bbq sauce.
Serves 14

4 15oz cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 large onion diced
1 large bell pepper diced
3 cloves of garlic diced
2 bottles bbq sauce
bacon
in a well greased baking pan put the beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic. Mix well. Pour in the bbq sauce and mix again.
Lay slices of bacon over top. Cover with foil
Bake at 300 for 3 hours.
after 2 1/2 hours remove foil and conitnue baking
Serves 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly