Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter

When I think of Easter, I am reminded of fancy dresses with lots of lace and patent leather shoes, daffodils and tulips, and of-course chocolate bunnies and died Easter eggs. One Easter my grandparents decided to give all of us grandkids real white rabbits. We were all thrilled, I can't say the same about my parents, aunts and uncles though. My brother and I each had one. I can't remember their names but I do remember my mother buying carrots with their tops on so that we could give them to the rabbits. I don't think my grandparents ever heard the end of it from all the adults. After that my grandmother stuck to handing out See's Easter Eggs. It was much safer and parent approved!
When I was little, all the holidays were celebrated at my grandparents house. They lived just down the street from us so I lived over there as a kid. After my grandfather died, the holidays moved to our house and my mom took over the cooking. After my grandmother passed away, the responsibility fell to me and I am still feeding the masses every holiday. This year I am not fixing Easter dinner but will be having brunch. Christopher starts finals and I go back to work the next day so we all thought it might be easier to have the meal earlier in the day. Below I have published some of my family's favorites for Easter dinner. In the next few days I will publish my brunch menu when I figure out what we will be having. I can definitely promise that cinnamon rolls and Italian Easter bread will be on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly