Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lemon Bars

My mom made these every Christmas while I was growing up. So I only make them during the holidays unless my good friend Janelle asks me to bring them to a work function. So Janelle, I dedicate these to you.
Yields 36 small bars

preheat oven to 350
make crust with
1 cup of melted butter
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Place these in a bowl and mix togther until a soft dough forms
Press into the bottom of a greased rectangular cake pan
Bake for 15 minutes
Meanwhile make filling
5 eggs
juice of 2 large lemons
zest of one lemon
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Mix these together with a mixer until well combined
Pour over the baked crust and return to the oven for 30 minutes
Cut into bite size squares immediately and let cool completely
Glaze
Mix together
2 talblespoons melted butter
juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Pour over cooled cookies
Remove from pan when glaze has set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly