Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

When the new school year begins, I always promise myself that I will lower my stress level by using the slow cooker more. Though the mind is willing the spirit is usually too tired to remember. Or is that the other way around? This year I will have no more excuses. I just taught my daughter this recipe to take back to college with her. This one looks to become a family favorite.



2 pounds stew meat,or cubed chuck roast(I used skirt steak)
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
3 8oz boxes of sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 cup beef stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp corn starch
1 cup low-fat sour cream
2 tbsp olive oil
Cooked egg noodles tossed with butter or margarine and 1/4 minced Italian Parsley

Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the meat over medium/high heat. Add it to the slow cooker. To the meat add the onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomato paste, worceshtershire sauce, beef stock, wine, salt and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. About 30 minutes before serving, combine the sour cream with the corn starch and add it to the slow cooker. The sauce should thicken slightly. Serve over cooked egg noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly